Monday, July 2, 2007

fhe (glad mine didn't have to be on death - ew.)

Sing "I have 2 little hands"

We talked about what a detective is, what a magnifying glass is for, and how we can look for clues/notice things around us...

D&C 58:26

We can search out ways to help without being asked!
Took turns wearing the detective hat/overcoat, using magnifying glass to search for clues hidden around the house (pink hearts with letters on them):

A) Mommy just got home from the grocery store. There are lots of bags to be brought inside.
B) You notice that a trash can is pretty full.
C) We are all walking up to the front door of church or a store. (hold door open)
D) Someone just accidentally dropped their bag of Cheerios -- they're everywhere!
E) Tommy is crying.
F) You see lots of books scattered on the floor next to a bookshelf.
G) Someone forgot to make their bed this morning!
H) You're done with breakfast, it's chore time, and mommy hasn't said anything about chores yet.
I) You're done eating dinner. There are lots of things on the table like dirty napkins, salad dressings, and hot pads.
J) Oops! Someone left the game closet doors open!

We watched Snow White scene: "Whistle While You Work" and pointed out all the little jobs they were doing without being asked...

We reviewed the scripture & testified of the importance of taking notice of people around us, "bringing about much righteousness" without being "compelled".

3 comments:

gramps & grams said...

Jonelle-we are constantly amazed
at the wonderful FHE's you guys
plan. I hope you are writing them
in at least one of their books.
these are wonderful memories in the
making. Love Grams
PS I love the detective idea but
I don't think our Empty Nesters
would appreciate having to move out of their soft seats. Too bad!
grams

gramps & grams said...

Jonelle-we are constantly amazed
at the wonderful FHE's you guys
plan. I hope you are writing them
in at least one of their books.
these are wonderful memories in the
making. Love Grams
PS I love the detective idea but
I don't think our Empty Nesters
would appreciate having to move out of their soft seats. Too bad!
grams

gramps & grams said...

oh no I did it again....sorry
it's my twitchy finger!!!!!!