Sunday, August 19, 2007

Reporting In




They eyes are getting better each day I think. I was nervous because when I drove the car the day after, I was VERY aware that I could see way better with my glasses. I found out last night that my nighttime driving is not very good yet either; lots of halos etc. It was very discouraging to try and prepare a SS lesson without being able to read the footnotes in my scriptures, but today I could read them if I held the book further back. I'm going to have to get used to holding reading material further away and make sure I have alot of light (I've teased Steve about needing so much light- I bought him a lamp that puts off so much light it looks like those workmen-on-the freeway-at-night lights.) I'm supposed to be patient and wait two months before complaining/requesting "readjustment" (slicing into the eyeballs again).

This past week has been the hottest week of the summer and I can't swim! I enjoyed spending several hours doing some genealogical research for Catheryne on Carl's side of the family; I got back 5 generations (from Carl) on 2 lines. The most amazing thing is that Carl's great grandfather, Henry J. Buck was, in 1910 and 1920 a stage hand/carpenter at the Opera House in Columbus,OH! Isn't that funny? If anyone else needs some genealogy done, I can see the computer the best of anything; not too far and not too close...it's "just right".

We are getting started on the backyard this week (killing off all the grass) and then the workmen are supposed to start the 27. We are enlarging the two flower beds by the pool; putting in two veggie beds on the left side of lawn; moving the roses to the right side; putting in a DG (decomposed granite) patio under the ash tree; putting in a smaller lawn; creating a 'secret (meadow)garden' with a fake riverbed running through it in the area outside our bathroom window; and redoing all the sprinklers in the back yard. It's going to be a lot of work on our part (the planting and riverbed) and will take a long time, but that is the fun of it.

We finally got the pool bath finished (the watering trough is operational), and there are 3 new beadboard doors (pool bath-yes, you can now close and lock the door; the door to the pantry; and the hall/coat closet) I'll take a pix and show you how nice they are. I wish I had cute babies to put pix on the blog...I'm putting dumb door and bathroom pix. How lame is that?


P.S. We sold the Saturn yesterday to Jill Ashby, so you might see it parked at Riviera Apts. there in P.U.

8 comments:

Kathi said...

So now will you help me sell the Suburban, when it's time, since I sold her on your car while working with her last week? :)
Did you guys hit the lottery or something! All these wonderful things you're able to do at once. I'm jealous! But happy for you too.

C-Dawg said...

I am so glad you sold the saturn! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

We refinanced the house and all the money is going only back into the house for permanent improvements. We shortened our loan from 30 years to 15 so we will have it paid off by retirement.

Melyssa said...

I just want to say I love the water trough, sink in your pool bathroom. I also LOVE your doors (I am glad you were able to find them after all) Everything you are doing to your house is so nice - good for you :) I am also glad to hear that your vision is improving. I am hoping to have that procedure done some day. :)

gramps & grams said...

happy you sold the Saturn..I liked
that car.Would have taken it but
gramps couldn't get in & out &
driving would have hurt his knees.
good for Jeanie A. too..where is
PU. The doors & bath look great.
Oh what a mess in the back for a
long time I'm guessing..but worth
it.Sounds beautiful. love grams

Chelsea Emeline said...

Nice sink! I'm super excited for the backyard to be all jazzed up! How fun!

C-Dawg said...

Clearly you've never been to Singapore.

jonelle said...

i don't get it.
it so late -- i'm going to bed.