Saturday, September 22, 2007

BYU Football

So I got a call early this week from the principal at Brighton Seminary. Apparently, they were invited by BYU to a recruiting trip. The teachers were assigned to identify a dozen students that are not sure which university they would be attending come next year. Three teachers were invited to attend as well. The Brighton faculty, for one reason or another, was unable to fill three spots and so I got invited to attend.
I carpooled down with another teacher and we got to the Harmon Building for check-in and they gave us a folder with some information in it and a dark blue BYU sweatshirt. Then we sat through a recruiting meeting where they discussed the application process after talking up the school. "BYU is a really nice place to attend school...yada yada". At 11:20 they let us go back to our cars and drop off the stuff they gave us and we walked down to the stadium where they had a tailgate party in the parking lot to the East of the stadium. They fed us really well and then organized a 'cheer-off' between the five high schools that were represented. Brighton students and faculty won the cheer-off and so they gave us BYU hats. By this time it was about thirty minutes to kick off so they let us go into the stadium and we found our seats and watched BYU demolish Air Force Academy. We were sitting in the North end zone on the west side.
It was a great game and I was sure lucky to get to go. Even though it started raining in the third quarter it was still a lot of fun. Go Cougs!!

3 comments:

Granna said...

I'm so glad you got to go to the Homecoming game;going with all the frills must have been fun too. Some day you'll have to take Abby to a BYU football game; I think she would love it (band,cheerleaders, Cougarettes etc)since she is such a Cougar fan.

Brandon and Kristy said...

I think she would too. The problem would be keeping her entertained the whole three hours so we could watch the entire game.

Granna said...

WAtching the cheerleaders, Cosmo and lsitening to the band works for me.