I have some exciting news! Last Friday I was offered a new position at Nuskin as the Recruitment Specialist for the Call Center. It was kind of crazy how it worked out. I had applied for this position a few weeks ago, but they waited until after Convention (2 weeks ago) to send out the email assessment to all the applicants. Usually they will evaluate all the assessments and call in about 5-6 applicants to interview. Last Friday I got a call asking me to come in and meet with Tina, the head of the call center. I figured it was for my interview, so I went over on my lunch break from the clinic, prepared to talk myself up and convince her I was right for the job, etc. Here's how it went down:
I sat down and she says, "Sorry. I should have had them tell you this wasn't an interview."
I'm thinking, "oh no! I'm in trouble or something. What did I do? What did I do?"
But she continued, "Are you still interested in the Recruitment Specialist position?"
"Yes. Definitely."
"I know you're familiar with the hiring process here, so this will come as a shock to you, but I'm not going to interview you. I'd like to just offer you the position right now."
(shocked look) "are you serious?"
"We reviewed all the assessments and just figured we would be wasting out time interviewing anyone. Based on your assessment and what we already know about you, your work ethic and your personality, it was painfully obvious that you were the only one for the job."
(shocked look) "uh... ok."
"I don't want you to answer just yet. I'll explain a little bit more of what is included in the position..."
She then went on to basically list my strengths and outline why she thinks this job is perfect for me. It was the most bizarre "job interview" ever! The tables had turned. I loved it.
So that's the story. This is the job. I'll be responsible for advertising and networking to get the word out about openings at the call center. We have a hiring fair about every 6 weeks. Based on what we need in the call center, I'll have goals of getting specific types of applicants to attend that hiring fair. For example, we may need 8 Korean speakers, 3 Portuguese speakers, 5 French speakers, and 16 English speakers or something like that. I get to come up with my own creative ways to get them there. Yes Jonelle, I'm a networking FIEND! :) It's perfect!
It will be a really fun job for me and I'm so excited to get started. I'll have super flexible hours (basically whenever I want, as long as 'm working my 40 hrs/wk), which means I'll have time to take a couple classes and work 1 night a week at the temple. YAY! It's a full time 9-5 job with benefits and everything. I'm giving my 2 weeks at the clinic today and will start my new position on October 15th. And now for the creme: I'll be making a little more with this 1 full time job than I am currently with a full time job and a part time job. So it's basically perfect. Love you all!
8 comments:
Congrats! Sounds awesome. It's so nice when everything just works out exactally as you dreamed it would. Love ya
Congratulations!! We are excited for you. It sounds great.
it obvious the woman had good taste and knew the right person for the job. we knew it ages ago. Congrats!I'm excited cause now you can afford to buy all those great old musical movies. what classes are you planning on taking? that's the real topper. love ya gramps
I'm so thankful for the kind of woman you are (and are continuing to become);good job! You can tell everyone here is excited for you to be chugging away at the degree; you'll be glad you did somewhere down the road (Barry Manilow song lyric) :o)
I love you and am so thankful for all the blessings you are receiving.
Congrats Chelsea!
I'm very happy that everything is working out for you!
Keep your chin up!
Love ya!
Congrats Chelsea! So nice when things work out like that in life eh?
Have fun & good luck
love,
kathi
It's a good thing she told them I am her brother. It was after that they begged her to take the position.
Congratulations, you'll do great. :)
Congrats! That really is awesome and it sounds like such a perfect job for you/your personality
Post a Comment