
I know this comes as a big surprise to most, but I've been thinking about getting a puppy for quite a while. I just finally found a puppy that I loved and he was a really good deal. :) He's a purebred AKC registered Brittany Spaniel and just turned 8 weeks old.
He's super playful and happy. His energy comes in little spurts. He'll play so hard for like 1/2 hour and then just plop down on the floor and fall asleep. (see him crashing under the stool in the middle of a wrestling match with Pepe). I wanted to name him Gryffin, but then when I saw how he waddles when he walks (he's a little chubby), I thought about changing him name to Waddles, Wadley, or Wadsworth. Jonelle came up with a great compromise. His complete name will be Sir Gryffin Wadsworth, but we call him Gryffin. And yes, that's for Gryffindor because he's brave, loyal and true. :) He came from a family in the hills above Salem (by Spanish Fork) where he roamed the barn and lived outside in the cold, so he's really brave about running and playing outside in the snow.
It's so cute to see him running up to his belly in snow and tripping over his feet and falling face first into little holes in the snow. He loves it. We have a huge park right outside the gate of our backyard so he'll have a lot of space to run. He doesn't run or wander off, but stays within about 15 feet of me always. And he's starting to respond to his name. Yay. He's super social and loving. We're working on potty training right now. That's not my favorite thing, but he's doing a great job. The plan (just until he's potty trained) is for him to stay in his crate while I'm at work and then I come home in the at lunch to let him out to pee and run around outside for an hour. We've only had 2 "incidents" inside so far, and one was totally my fault. I let him out of his crate when he had to go really bad. But then instead of taking him straight to the door to go out, I made him wait while I got my sweatshirt, so he just stood there waiting and let loose.
When I'm home with him, I just take him out every hour or so and he goes everytime. Last night he and Pepe (my roommate's dog) were playing and wrestling in the kitchen and he even stopped playing, walked over to the back door and kind of wimpered. I let him out and he peed, then came right back in to keep playing. I'm hoping that wasn't a fluke, but that he's really getting it. It's all just so fun. If anyone has any tips or suggestions on inside dogs, let me know. He's doing well, but any insider information to make it easier for him would be great. I love you all!
He's super playful and happy. His energy comes in little spurts. He'll play so hard for like 1/2 hour and then just plop down on the floor and fall asleep. (see him crashing under the stool in the middle of a wrestling match with Pepe). I wanted to name him Gryffin, but then when I saw how he waddles when he walks (he's a little chubby), I thought about changing him name to Waddles, Wadley, or Wadsworth. Jonelle came up with a great compromise. His complete name will be Sir Gryffin Wadsworth, but we call him Gryffin. And yes, that's for Gryffindor because he's brave, loyal and true. :) He came from a family in the hills above Salem (by Spanish Fork) where he roamed the barn and lived outside in the cold, so he's really brave about running and playing outside in the snow.
It's so cute to see him running up to his belly in snow and tripping over his feet and falling face first into little holes in the snow. He loves it. We have a huge park right outside the gate of our backyard so he'll have a lot of space to run. He doesn't run or wander off, but stays within about 15 feet of me always. And he's starting to respond to his name. Yay. He's super social and loving. We're working on potty training right now. That's not my favorite thing, but he's doing a great job. The plan (just until he's potty trained) is for him to stay in his crate while I'm at work and then I come home in the at lunch to let him out to pee and run around outside for an hour. We've only had 2 "incidents" inside so far, and one was totally my fault. I let him out of his crate when he had to go really bad. But then instead of taking him straight to the door to go out, I made him wait while I got my sweatshirt, so he just stood there waiting and let loose.
When I'm home with him, I just take him out every hour or so and he goes everytime. Last night he and Pepe (my roommate's dog) were playing and wrestling in the kitchen and he even stopped playing, walked over to the back door and kind of wimpered. I let him out and he peed, then came right back in to keep playing. I'm hoping that wasn't a fluke, but that he's really getting it. It's all just so fun. If anyone has any tips or suggestions on inside dogs, let me know. He's doing well, but any insider information to make it easier for him would be great. I love you all!
7 comments:
He's super cute!!! I'm glad to hear the potty training is going so well, I HATE that part of new puppies. :) I also love his name. :)
Inside dogs!! Hissssssssss!!!!! You've joined the dark side, "He's so small and cute," hissssssssssssss!!
He's so small and cute.
Oh he really is so cute!! I'm so jealous! I want a little inside puppy so bad! And I disagree with Cory, you have not joined the dark side...you've seen the light...small inside dogs are so much better than big dogs! :)
Good job! Inside dogs are great they're more company and part of the family. I like big inside dogs
You would be barking up the wrong tree to get advice from me about training a dog.
yes, big inside dogs are sweet.
but not until everyone in the family has been born and potty-trained.
cory, you make me laugh.
Post a Comment