Monday, March 10, 2008

Ward Conference

I wanted to share our Ward Conference theme with you because it seemed to be so helpful for me:
"And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good--yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit. Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy; And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of righteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive." (D&C 11:12-14)

I know that when we seek the Spirit, we will have our minds enlightened and our souls filled with joy. That is what I am working on and would encourage each of you to do the same so your lives can be blessed.

This section was given to Hyrum Smith and I was thinking about Hyrum and what a special man he was and is. Something that the Lord said about Hyrum made me think about Lori Lyn. I believe the quality that I admire the most about Lori and drew me to her was her desire to do what's right-her goodness and wholesomeness. I feel the same way about Lori that the Lord felt about Hyrum: (I've taken the liberty to edit some things)
"And again, verily I say unto you, blessed is my servant Lori Lyn ; for I, the Lord, love her because of the integrity of her heart, and because she loveth that which is right before me, saith the Lord." (D&C 124:15)

Thank you, Lori, for being that person, and being such a wonderful influence in the lives of your family. You have made all the difference.

Love you,

Granster

3 comments:

C-Dawg said...

I agree. Mom is always wanting to do what's right.

Misty said...

For sure. Her zeal is obvious and motivating. Thanks, Steve for that reminder.

Brandon and Kristy said...

Amen to that!!