Friday, September 26, 2008

Disneyworld!!

My parents took the whole family to Disneyworld and we had a great time! We spent six days in the parks. We loved it! We ate really well on this trip because we got free food. September is their slower month, so they offer a promotion of free food when you stay in a Disney Resort Hotel. We got one counter service meal, one sit down meal and one snack, per person, per day! We were able to eat at some fun places!

Megan was about 1 inch too short to go on the roller coaster rides (except in toon town in Magic Kingdom there is a smaller roller coaster ride). Abby went on most of the rides and she usually hung on to and buried her face in the person sitting next to her. Brandon, of course, loved the scary roller coaster rides and I found out that I did not care for them much.

Our first day was spent in the Magic Kingdom. This was a great day. Because of my sister’s great planning and because it was a slow day at the park we were able to walk on to most rides with very little waiting. Spencer did not know what to think. He did blank stares on most of the rides until we came to “It’s a Small World”. He loved it. He was standing in the boat pointing, dancing, and waving to the little figures. We ended the day by going to dinner at Cinderella’s Palace.

The next day was at Epcot. This was also a fun day with very little crowds. We did most of the rides in the future world part of Epcot.

Day three was spent in Animal Kingdom. We saw real animals, fun shows and a few rides.

The next day we were back in the Magic Kingdom to go on our favorite rides then we went back to the hotel for naps. After naps we went back to the MK for the parade and fireworks. This was a Saturday and it was CROWDED!!

The fifth day we slept in and went back to Epcot later in the afternoon. We went on a few rides and then walked to Japan. Brandon was excited to finally take his family to Japan. We saw a lady making Japanese candy and she selected our girls to choose what animal she would make. Abby chose a pink unicorn. We also saw Japanese drummers and then we ate dinner at a Japanese place like Benihanas where they cook right in front of you. It was pretty fun and Brandon really enjoyed speaking to everyone in Japanese.

Our last day was spent in Disney Hollywood studios. This park had some big rides for the older people and some fun shows for the younger ones. It rained on us all afternoon. We ended our trip with the Fantastmic show, an image, lights and firework show.

We feel very blessed to have gone on this trip and are very grateful to my parents for making it possible for us. There were so many fun rides and shows that it is hard to choose our favorites, but we will try to list a few.

Brandon: Buzz light year (Magic Kingdom), Toy Story (Hollywood Studios), Rockin’ Rollercoaster (Hollywood Studios) and Expidition Everest (Animal Kingdom)

Kristy: Finding Nemo the musical (Animal Kingdom), Peter Pan (Magic Kingdom), Talking with Crush (Epcot)

Abby: Soarin’ (Epcot), Winnie the Pooh (Magic Kingdom), Tom Sawyer’s Island (Magic Kingdom),

Megan: Dumbo (Magic Kingdom), Belle Show (Hollywood Studios), Muppets 4D movie (Hollywood Studios)

Spencer: It’s a Small World (Magic Kingdom)


5 comments:

Misty said...

What an amazing trip. I am SO SO happy for you guys. The pictures are classic. Megan's B4 and After is awesome...so many fun places to eat. How awesome that you were able to do that. I STILL like eating with all the characters, and for FREE!!! What a great time of year to go. Abby and Megan, you looked beautiful in your princess dresses. You fit right in! Brandon and Kristy, are you exhausted?

Granna said...

Oh....I am SO glad you shared this with us! I smiled throughout the whole thing. What an opportunity! What a trip! I'm so old I don't know hardly any of the your favorite rides- never even heard of them. That is weird; there really is a WHOLE NEW WORLD out there I've never experienced. I can't wait to talk to the girls more and hear more details.
Maybe Wendy can make a side bu$ine$$ of arranging fabulous Disney vacations for people.:o)
I'm so thankful for Bill and Diana providing that for you all; what a blessing!

Heidi Mae said...

That looked like so much fun! The boys loved watching the pictures and yelling out all the different characters. What memories for you guys!!!

gramps & grams said...

Amen to all the above. I smiled as did Lori but have to admit I got a little teary over some of it. My only complaint would be that it's too short. Pictures Music People just awesome. What great memories. love gramps and grams
Spencer broke me up

Granster said...

Wow! Wasn't that the trip? It looks like that was so much fun. I like having all the meals with the Disney characters.

A big thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Warnick.

Granster