Saturday, September 25, 2010

It Finally Happened

Well, I am an official owner in the retirement community! I went over yesterday afternoon and the first thing I did was kneel and give thanks for the privilege of having a little home of my own that I can pay for each month out of my own earnings. There is great peace in knowing I am following the advice of the prophets (to live within my means). Once I move in, I will be able to afford health insurance (I hope).
I have been blessed in so many ways; I try to keep all the things I'm grateful for uppermost in my mind:
* a knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan
* a testimony of Jesus Christ and membership in His church
* the privilege of being a mother and grandmother in Zion
* a healthy body (eyes that can see the beauties of this world, ears to hear the sounds of children laughing and inspiring music, legs that can walk without tiring, hair that is not falling out in clumps anymore :o)
* the love and support of family
* all of my "sweethearts" and friends
* work that I love: children in my life

Life is good.

3 comments:

Melyssa said...

What a blessing!!! We are so happy for you :) :) :)

Suzie Soda said...

I posted in the wrong place before.

What a beautiful post, You are inspiring. You have been through a trial of fire and yet you are focused on your blessings. I know the Lord is so aware and proud of you for being so faithful amidst the sadness and pain you have endured. Post pictures of the house when you get settled. It will be fun to think of you in your own little place all cozy and warm. You are a good example to us all to hold you head high and look toward the light.
Very happy for you things are working out. xoxo

Misty said...

COngrats!