Monday, January 16, 2012

Reflections on 2011

I'm thankful for this holiday to sit on my little patio (listening to my little fountain) and write in my journal.

First, it went by too quickly but it was another glorious year of life for me.
The highlights:

* Chelsea was sealed to Marvin; I'm so thankful for that blessing in her life.

* Chelsea is pregnant; joy, joy, joy for them and me

* Abigirl and Pauliwog entered in at the gate and have placed their feet firmly on the path leading to eternal life; I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in truth (3John 1:4)

* Hanna was born; she is a big dose of sweetness in a tiny package.

* I drove to Burwash Landing, Yukon Territory. That was an incredible trip! Oh Canada; I can't wait to go back.

* I worshiped in temples:Los Angeles, Fresno, Medford, Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane, Newport Beach, Salt Lake, Monticello, Snowflake, Mesa; I love thy house oh Lord, wherein thy presence dwells. My patriarchal blessing is continuously fulfilled.

* Jesse graduated from high school. My angel-boy continues to bless my life; God's gift.

* I had a three-day family history vacation at the library. I love this work and it has been too long since I focused like that.

* I reconnected with too many friends to mention on FaceBook. "God does answer our prayers but it is usually through the ministering of others." (SWK)

* I worked more days than ever before. I truly love my work; it is a privilege to be on the Lord's errand and get paid for it.

* I had many opportunities to connect with parents, posterity, sisters, nieces/nephews and my sweethearts. I take to heart President Monson's example of 'to the rescue'(of each other)

* My home was completed. It is a wonderful sanctuary for me and like it says on the wall, "I thank thee for home, friends and family so dear...and for every blessing that I enjoy here"

What will 2012 bring? Could it possibly be any better than 2011?
I have a lively hope!












1 comment:

Kathi said...

"Like" thumb up :)