Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nurturing

We had such a nice lesson today taken from the Relief Society booklet.

"Nurture means to train, to teach, to educate, to foster development, to promote growth and to nourish or feed."

"Another word for nurturing is homemaking which includes cooking, washing clothes and dishes, and keeping an orderly home...make a home that creates a climate for spiritual growth...nurturing requires organization, patience, love and work."

Marie didn't want anyone to leave the lesson feeling discouraged or beating themselves up over the job they are doing as a mother. I've learned that all you can do is your best; God will make up the difference. He looks upon our hearts desire; all He asks is for us to keep trying...enduring to the end in righteousness.

Brandon mentioned here yesterday about digitizing book of remembrance items so I started doing that today. I want to post some of the notes I scanned today. God bless my children for their love and encouragement through the years...

Their words are a tremendous blessing to me now in my "old age". :o)






















2 comments:

Kathi said...

yeah, that was a good lesson and everyone and loved everyone's comments.
That's cool you've saved all those cards. I'm a terrible mom - I don't know how many, if, any I've saved. There are some but where??? don't know. LOVE how they used ' I love you forever....' Jenny tells me that too & I her. Love that book.

Granna said...

Well, it's not all of them but they do bring me comfort these days.