On August 12, I drove up to Utah for Education Week with 3 first, first dates in 40 years lined up. In the excitement and nervousness, I forgot my camera so the only pictures I have are on my (now defunct) phone.
The first was that night at the Mirage where I met Jim Lee Tucker and his friend Richard for dinner. I arrived first at the buffet so I sat at a poker machine waiting for them to arrive. It was cute because they didn't know me but I saw them and watched them looking all over for me; it was very cute and my heart went out to them right away. Richard is a character, Jim was very sweet. I think the highlight of my evening was the look on Jim's face when I took his arm as we were leaving the restaurant; I haven't seen someone look at me with such pure delight for a long time. We strolled through the hotel and to my car. He called me after about 5 minutes and "talked me to Mesquite" so I wouldn't fall asleep. He called me the next morning and woke me up to talk some more...very endearing.
When I arrived at the condo there was no electricity so I took a stone cold shower and got ready for the second date by using the electricity of a neighbor and then the hallway plug in the ceiling. What a disaster that dinner was; so boring that I was glad IT hadn't been the first, first date. The rest of the week was a lot of fun. Jim called each morning and evening, brought me breakfast and drove me to class at the CONF center, took me to the canyon for a picnic dinner at a river, dinner at Olive Garden, drive to Cascade Springs etc. We had great gospel conversations and it was really comfortable. He went to Montana on Saturday and I had my third first date Monday at Temple Square and the Blue Iguana; afterwards I called Jim and told him about it and how much I missed him.
This was a most memorable Education Week with an awesome Single Adult dance and Kenny Loggins concert with my Utah gals,line dancing class, going to the same presenters for all of their series, a few days with Cory and Misty at their new home (I also forgot the Wi but we had some nice walks to the park and some birthday lunches for Samantha and the twinners), and getting to know Jim!
No comments:
Post a Comment