Friday, March 23, 2007

Megan's Cast is Off!



It was so sad. Megan’s cast was removed and her skin was red, sore and pussy. They had to rip the cotton from her skin to get it off. As they ripped it off it popped blisters causing yellow puss. All of the doctors in the office came into see her arm. They have only seen this happen one other time. They say she had an allergic reaction to something (not sure exactly what). Megan was so brave she didn't even cry (I almost did). She is a tough girl. It's still really bad, all pussy, red and bleeding. They just told me to keep it clean and keep lotion on it and it should improve in a few days.

I wasn't going to put pictures on, but Brandon insists that I do. It's hard to tell from a picture how bad it really is. These do not do it justice, but it gives you an idea.

6 comments:

Brandon and Kristy said...

Yeah, imagine the whole arm wet with oozing puss and you get a better idea of what it looks like. Every time I look at it I cringe.
Brandon

Tobus said...

You owe me a lunch!....I just lost mine!!!!
Tobus

gramps & grams said...

that poor baby..if it looks
worse than these pix...yuk
seems like it should have
anti-biotics on it.she was/is so brave..it must have been so uncomfortable
before...tell her how brave
we think she is & how much
we love her..see you soon
grams

Kathi said...

The pictures do justice for me. That is SO SAD! What a brave girl Megan. Just tell everyone "my daddy did it" :o) that must of been itching her like crasy when it was on.
Tobey, you're so funny.

Anonymous said...

I hope someone will hurry and post more stuff to get those pix down to the bottom/out of sight. It is SO awful to think how that must feel(have felt). Megan has been through so much in her short life, she is such a trouper. Anyone else would have been out of sorts (to put it mildly).

jonelle said...

did they notice anything like this when they changed casts before? or was this just since the most recent one? how sad! kristy, you should keep a special scrapbook for megan of only all of her "misadventures" -- it would be awesome! maybe they'll make a movie of it someday.