Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Few Changes

I don’t know where this month has gone. The first few weeks are all a blur. Spencer is now 3 weeks old and we are starting to slowly get back into our normal flow. Spencer is a good little baby, so far. He is really cute and the girls just love him. A few exciting things have happened. First, Megan is potty-training! I put underwear on her on Monday and she’s doing a great job! She has only had two little accidents. Second, Brandon is being moved. He is going to Indian Hills Junior High. There are only two teachers (including Brandon) at the seminary. It’s in the same area, but is about 10 minutes closer and there may be a possibility of car pooling. He’s a little sad to leave Brighton and not too excited to teach at a Junior High. Also, Brandon changed ward assignments. He is no longer over our ward. He is over another ward that meets at the same time as our ward, so we don’t see much of him Sunday mornings. Abby is begging me to read her an article from the "Friend" and Megan is begging to eat, so I better go. Hope everyone is doing well.

7 comments:

gramps & grams said...

sorry for Brandon but he's a great
teacher & he must be needed there.
we're REALLY sorry he's over another ward on Sun. maybe you can
go with him sometimes so you can
be together as a family especially
for the children's sake. love you
all grams

Melyssa said...

Congratulations on the potty training!!! Kennedy has graduated to a toilet user too!!! It is nice to only have one in diapers again. :)

Kelly said...

I remember our dad being a counselor in the young adult ward for a couple of years when we were younger...we hardly saw him...but we survived!!!!! I'm sure everything will be fine!!

jonelle said...

wow, potty training and a newborn -- life's just hoppin' over there! brandon, you really hit the jackpot marrying such a capable woman...she's really doing an awesome job.

Granna said...

Ah yes...Steve was in two Y.A. Ward Bishoprics and the second was in a different Stake. We had two ward temple nights and two ward activities to attend each month. Chelsea was 18 mos at first call so I had 5 under 11 to deal with most of the day on Sundays. We used to go to "Dad's Ward"(T.O. bldg on Moorpark Rd) for fast sunday sacrament meeting and eat apples in the car afterwards as we drove back to our NP Stake building for Primary/RS. As I recall, Chelsea refused to ever attend the nursery so she was joined at the hip to me all those years. :o) Yes, we survived it and I'm glad to hear Kelly be the one to express that sentiment.
Brandon, it appears you have a challenge on the work-front next year; freshmen AND not having many co-workers to associate with. I thought you could always say "no" to any changes in assignments? There must be something about this that appealed to you. Well, I guess you can't have ALL the fun and perks at work (getting home so early every day etc) You will be a great frosh teacher; giving the kids a good first year is important. Where is this new building?

Brandon and Kristy said...

You can always so "no" but I was taught by some really neat people when I was young to always say "yes". I know that this isn't really a calling per se but I feel that the same principle applies. I really am not attracted at all to this new assignment. There is nothing that appeals to me whatsoever. But what do you do? You say "yes" and make the best of it.
The building is ten minutes closer to our house than Brighton is. And there is a carpool with two other guys. That is nice.

jonelle said...

is one of the guys named Jinks? Does he like splitting gas money four ways?