The 7th Harry Potter book is coming out on the 21st day of the 7th month of the year '07.... You all know I can't keep secrets, so if you don't want it all spoiled, you'd better read it before family reunion!!! I plan to discuss it, whether you've read it or not.
yay!
15 comments:
I know! In preparation for the seventh coming out I started reading them all over again. I wanted to try and get back into the flow of things and see if I could pick up a few things. Well, I became a bit obsessed and read the first five in about ten days. It would have been faster but I had too much going on (baby, school, church responsibilities and the like). I'm going to wait until July to read the sixth and then I'll be ready for #7.
wow. your speed-reading capabitlies blow me away. i've been re-reading them, too. but I'VE been allotting myself 1 - 2 weeks per book so i'll end the 6th just in time.
THE GIANT SQUID IS AN ANIMAGUS -- IT'S GODRIC GRYFFINDOR, AND HE'S GOT A ROLE TO PLAY BEFORE THE END!!!
SNAPE IS INNOCENT!!!
Snape cannot be innocent!
I am a little bit ashamed to say that I have never read a Harry Potter book. However, your enthusiasm has made me want to start the series!!!!
You will love them; they are so cleverly written. I love the names of classes at Hogwarts and names of spells etc.
Sorry, But if you read JK Rowlings personal homepage she says that the giant squid is not an animagus. But she does say that when harry starts his quest looking for the horcruxes at Godric Hollow (his parents home) it has ties to Godric Gryffindor.
There is a bunch of other stuff as well that you can read into the whole thing. LIke Wormtail still has a part to play in repaying the debt to Harry (see book three). The fact that Voldemort has Harry's blood in him will play to Harry's benefit (see book four). And Sirius is coming back in some shape or form.
And by the way Mom, Snape is a good guy. He has to be. There is a redemptive pattern in Snape towards Harry. Every time he has done terrible things to Harry he has turned around to save his life shortly after. I don't know how it will work but he has got to be good. If he is not good then Dumbledore was NOT the greatest wizard ever. Dumbledore has never been wrong in his character assumptions of people and he trusts Snape. He has got to be good.
In the movies he plays as black and dastardly as Snidely Whiplash...so over the top, but maybe you are right because of the Dumbledore comment.
Does this mean that I have to read all of the books now? I think I read the first one way back when it came out, but I honestly don't remember. Who has them that I can borrow? Brandon and Kristy? Let me know. Maybe I'll get it from you on Friday. Love y'all.
We have books 1, 2 and 5. I borrowed books 3 and 4 from a guy at work. I'll borrow book 6 from Diana next month to read before book 7 comes out. I would highly encourage you to read the books though. They are much better than the movies. Especially when you want some insight into the foreshadowing that JK Rowlings is so good at.
when did our family start speaking
a foreign language..i can't even
speak Star Wars. grams
I don't even think I've seen any of the movies, much less read any of the books...
snape is ABSOLUTELY innocent. rowling has been SO thorough in her development of his character... i'll write a 12-page essay proving it, if anyone would care to read it, which they wouldn't, so i won't.
wormtail definitely has a role to play before the end -- he owes harry one, and those kinds of things run deep. (kind of like james saving snape way back when, and that bond it created between them -- that's got to be elaborated on in #7, too...)
and sirius is coming back somehow? are you SIRIUS?
(sorry.)
can't wait to see who CROOKSHANKS turns into! :)
and neville's definitely being poised to play out some fantastic twist at the end...
ah, i just can't wait.
literature at its finest!
J - You've got to go read her FAQ post on her homepage. She goes through a lot of things that people say will happen but won't. I think she said Crookshanks isn't going to be anything more than a really smart cat like Sirius said in book three. But it will be a very exciting book to read.
The only thing Snape is guilty of is being a snoop, and that's because he's a kleptomaniac. Of course the giant squid isn't an animagus--he's just lonely. His Tuesday night poker buddies, Dumbledore & Gryffindor, ousted him for the 12-year old with a mustache Harry Potter (whose only friends are an owl and a flying broom), hey, I'd be mad too, almost to the point of animagus, but not quite.
If you ask me, Harry's quest for the horcruxes will bring nothing but deep bruises, hurt feelings, and a bad case of the runs (see book 2, ch. 10, where Rowlings gives us a grueling, yet beautiful, foreshadowing of Harry's future bowel troubles)(see also prior references to Wormtail's "debt" to harry, Rowlings' is so clever in her metaphors).
I don't see how the fact that Voldemort has Harry's blood in him will play to Harry's benefit. Crookshanks obviously has Harry's blood and look where that got him...failed twice in Snape's "How to Date Evil Witches" class, and now he snivels and hiccups every time he tries to pick up a wand (or a witch).
And Sirius is definitely coming back, but as XM Satellite Radio, broadcasting all MLB and NFL games all season long...commercial-free.
wow, that was like the ensign-readings: i have no idea where fact slides into fiction!
cory, you're absolutely the nuttiest person i know.
Post a Comment