Monday, June 25, 2007

Once a Mom...always a Mom

I have somewhat to say concerning a comment I read on the Orme's blog which has disturbed me for many days. Yea, my tears have (almost) watered my pillow by night when I reflect on one of my children, who I esteem to be a peaceable follower of Christ (and I judge this of him because of his peaceable walk with the children of men) for I remember the word of God which saith by their works ye shall know them, making a passing derogatory comment about himself; something to the effect that if he had been in the City of Enoch maybe it wouldn't have been translated.
Now my children, this ought not to be so! Remember, remember that it is given to you to judge that ye may know good comments from evil or corrupt comments. Every comment that uplifts, praises, and persuades you to believe you are a valiant child of God is sent forth by the power of Christ; wherefore ye may know it is of God. Comments that tear down, criticize, or cause doubt about one's true identity/worth are of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work.
Another way to judge the origin of our comments would be to consider whether a little child who is pure and innocent would make that comment. Somehow I can't imagine Abby or Megan making a comment like that to their Dad. Even Cassidy, who has been exposed to the ways of "the natural man" at school, told me last Friday "That was not kind, Granna." when after Chelsea won at Uno I said, "Yes, Chelsea is the big fat winner!!!" At first I didn't know what she was talking about...we laughed and laughed at that and then explained to her it was an expression (which I'm certain she still doesn't understand).
Brandon, I know you are the best example of an ideal husband and father that I could ever have hoped for. I am so thankful for your excellent example of exercising faith in Christ and truly striving to live by every word which proceedeth forth from the mouth of God. Don't let anyone (including yourself) try to persuade you otherwise...even in jest.

4 comments:

Granster said...

Yeah, Brandon. Stop sayin'stuff about my firstborn son. Don't make me get the hose!

C-Dawg said...

It wasn't me.

C-Dawg said...

I definitely would have been translated.

jonelle said...

You're definitely the husband/father/son/brother who has "chosen the good part" -- I don't know ANYONE who thinks otherwise.
Whatever your imperfections are, you're probably the only one who knows about them.
I'd have married you myself, but...
:)
I love you, Brandon