Saturday, July 7, 2007
My class
It is lunch and we are all just sitting around eating. This morning we had three lessons two of which were really fun. The second lesson of the day was taught by a fireman. He brought out a Quent from the station (for those of you that don't know what a quent is I didn't either. It is the fire truck that has the water tank and pump as well as the aerial ladders). We got to practice pulling up, parking, getting the pump ready, extending the hose and turning it on. There were only two people that actually got to be 'on nozzle' and I was one of them. I wish I had pictures to put on the blog because it was really cool. I had to run the hose out about a hundred yards and then yell "charge". Then they pumped the pump up to 100PSI and it nearly knocked me over. I had to lean into it and point it around but it was WAY fun. So I can say now that I have ridden in the fire truck (Quent), unrolled the hose and sprayed down a tree. COOL!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what classes are you talking about? why are you doing these fun things? cool.
For his Masters degree.
Post a Comment