Friday, August 17, 2007

Baby update

I hope everyone isn't sick of hearing about our babies...it seems like that is all we ever post lately! Anyway, we just got back from a 2 1/2 hour Dr appt. They were VERY thorough. He spent about 20-25 min talking to us first about background/concerns/etc. Then we had a couple of different ultrasounds/exams. Then he went over every part of our birth plan with us in detail. My cervix has shortened again and he says that he is still fairly concerned about a birth before 34 weeks (Aug 26th) so he had me sit with a monitor on for 45 min to see how many contractions I'm actually having. It was nice, I was in this great recliner and they brought me stuff to drink. I had 3 fairly strong contractions in that time and a bunch of other smaller ones. He suggested getting a shot of steroids to help speed lung development in case they come soon, but said based on that # of contractions he was okay if we didn't. (there are some significant risks to steroids). We opted not to for now. He also put me on an antibiotic for some infection I have that could hurt the babies when they are born. He said we have to come to the hospital if we have more than 6 contractions in an hour for 2 hours and gave us his personal cell phone #. He said that he only wants me on my feet to shower/use restroom and nothing else unless absolutely necessary. Overall, he was far more cautious than any other Dr we have seen, maybe a little overly so, but I would prefer that to not cautious enough! Poor Cory though, he gets to do everything! All errands/unpacking/dinner etc and start law school! Crazy. He had orientation yesterday and is really excited, but I will let him post more about that. Love you all!

4 comments:

Granna said...

I check several times a day to read SOMETHING about everyone; no one will get sick of hearing about any particular thing. Thanks for sharing.

Kathi said...

Thank you Misty & Lori's right we love hearing your update. So glad you have a good Dr. Stay off your feet & get a good book. Enjoy what you can cuz when those babies come out you'll wish you could get off your feet more. :)
We know about steroids- poor Bishop Sullivan with the reaction he had from it.
You're both in our prayers. Good luck Cory, with EVERYTHING. You the man!

gramps & grams said...

to all bloggers..we love all the
comments,pix and info so don't
hesitate. I think Claudia ia on now and able to read & keep up &
she said she appreciates it sooo
much.
Misty, take it eaxy.This is a very
important time and keep us updated.
love you all..grams
Cory you are really terrific. enjoy
law school.

Chelsea Emeline said...

Misty! I check daily with the hopes of reading something about the babies. I would call you everyday and ask you for updates, but I fear that would become tiresome! :) Love you!