Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our new apartment






So, it has been quite a week! We have finally gotten almost everything unpacked and put away/organized. We still have a bit to do in the babies' room and need to figure out some decorating stuff etc, but other than that, we are done! We included some before/after pics. Poor Cory has had to do most of it as I have been trying (I haven't always been 100% successful, but I have been trying!) not to be on my feet for more than 10-15 min. He has had to unpack everything, do all our errands, and put together a bunch of furniture (desk, bookcase, crib, changing table, food storage cabinet etc) He has been super positive though and hasn't complained once, so even though it is really tough for me not to be able to help more/do much, it has been wonderful that he has been so willing to just pick up all my slack. He has orientation tomorrow (I guess last Thurs was just registration) and his first day of class is Tuesday! We have heard nothing but positive things about Cal Western since we got here. In fact the 2nd counselor in our bishopbric graduated from USD and he was telling us today that Cal Western actually has a much better job placement program. There are also quite a few other members of the ward who have graduated from or are attending Cal Western and they all love it. The Bishopbric told us today that they are going to wait a couple of months to give us callings so we can get settled with law school/twins, so that is very considerate of them.

Oh, I have two requests:

#1...Cassidy, I want to hear about your birthday! I need pictures and details!
#2...Kristy, I want to hear more about your talk. Or maybe even a copy of it. (if you write your talks that way)

Love you all!

7 comments:

Brandon and Kristy said...

It looks great, but I want to see the babies' room. Glad you are getting settled.
My talk was on how service increases your faith. I talked about the importance of faith, shared a quote by President Hinckley, "Of all our needs, I think the greatest is an increase in faith”
Most of my talk was based on Elder John K. Carmack's talk given in the March 2002 Ensign,he said “Just keeping the commandments, while laudable, may be enough to maintain our faith but not enough to increase it. We must continue sacrificing and serving with no thought of reward.” He then says, “If we place any condition on our willingness to serve the Lord with all our hearts, we diminish our faith.” I talked about the importance of serving and how it helps us to become more like the Savior. Then I talked about some of the "conditions" we place on our service, and how we can overcome them. It went ok, I guess. Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

Would "I've been there, done that calling" be a bad condition?

Anonymous said...

Your home looks beautiful. What a transformation! Good team work you two. (Misty tells Cory what to do.:o) j/k)
I'm glad you put the entertainment center and chair in front of the window to keep the twinners away from the low-opening screens/windows.
How is the weather? Cooled off yet? It won't be hot for long down there.

Kathi said...

Looks nice. Way to go Cory! Good luck this week to the both of you.

Hey guys, you live in California now - earthquakes- pictures over your heads in the bedroom.....could hurt.
The positive way to look at it is you could miss the quake waking up not knowing what hit you. :)

C-Dawg said...

I'll post a pic of the babies room as soon as it is done...it's the one room that is still a mess...I just can't figure out where to put all the stuff!

C-Dawg said...

I'll have to read Elder Carmack's talk...it seems like it was perfect for that topic, and I'm sure it went great, not just "ok" Oh, and this is Misty by the way, I just realized i've been posting as Cory, but I don't want to log out/in again.

gramps & grams said...

Proud of you Cory and you also Misty for staying off your feet. Seems you're putting things in the right prespective. What a difference than when we were there.
It was so nice visiting San Diego. I really love the town and have such great memories of being raised there. Know you wanted Loyola but things ususally work out for the best and sounds as though this school has alot to offer. Love you guys