Thursday, August 23, 2007

Squished!


Quick update...everything looks good, my cervix is continuing to shorten, but still not dilate yet. We saw a different Dr today who was much calmer and less worried. She told me she thinks we will have no problem getting to 36-37 weeks. They did a VERY detailed (like 50 minute) ultrasound and measured everything so they were able to get some fairly accurate estimate of weight. Baby "A" (we call him Micah) was 4 lbs 12 oz, and baby "B" (Noah) was 5 lbs 6 oz. So, they aren't as big as we were nervous about a few weeks ago. They are however, squished! It is a little hard to see in the picture, but at the very top is Micah's right foot (heel on left, toes on right). Immediately below his toes is his forehead! (you can kind of make out a profile, but it's not as clear as the foot) He has his foot all the way next to his head! She checked twice and is sure that it was his foot and not Noah's. His left foot (not in picture) is stretched way out to his left (my right)...poor guy is just running out of room! I think Noah is like me b/c he is taking up way too much room. His head is on my left, but his legs are all the way over on my right (immediately above poor Micah)...just like me taking up all the room in our king bed!

3 comments:

Kathi said...

It's so dang amazing hearing about & seeing that ultrasound Misty. Seeing you & thinking of two in there -one can imagine how "squished" they are. I love when they come out & you put both on your stomach & really get blown away that they both fit in you. The miracle of caring children! Too bad for the men. :) I mean that seriously- they really do miss out on something so special (besides being uncomfortable, etc)

Anonymous said...

It took me several viewings to see the foot, but I do see it now.
Wow! Contortionist in the family. He can be the little guy in Oceans'11,12,13etc.

gramps & grams said...

gyymnasts in the family.he's
practicing his sommersaults
already.how clever...wish
I could see better but I see
one darling head...
thanks for the update,keep
them coming...love you grams