Sunday, April 27, 2008

Beach and the Pool



We went to the beach yesterday and had a great time. Now that school is over for the summer we plan on doing lots of fun family activities. First, we went to Walmart (I hate that store. There is always someone in my personal space and I can't stand crowds)and bought a beach umbrella. Then we went to Mission Beach and laid out for about an hour and a half. I took a dip in the water and it was colder than I thought it would be, but still nice. The boys loved playing under the umbrella, on a blanket, and we had fun watching them. We went home and put them down for a nap, then when they woke up we took them to our pool. The water was a bit warmer and we got lots of fun pictures of the boys' first swim in a pool. Micah was first and he seemed a little timid. I didn't think he was enjoying himself so we tried Noah. Noah has always liked his baths and he liked the pool too. He began to splash and kick and even tried to jump away from me into the water. We wanted to give Micah another try and when he came back in he liked it much better. Maybe he relaxed a little when he saw Noah enjoying himself. He was kicking and splashing and having a lot of fun. Both of them would make little "it's so cold it took my breath away" faces anytime their upper bodies went under water. We tried to get it all on still camera because we didn't have our video camera. All in all it was a fun day. Can't wait till the ocean water gets lots warmer in the summer.

8 comments:

Granna said...

Man oh man those are so cute! I am SO jealous not to have been there for such an historic moment. Let the good (family) times roll!

Granster said...

Very cute. I want to see the pictures.

Misty said...

Sorry, I don't know what is up with mosaics...I think if you click on them you can see them.

Chelsea Emeline said...

haha! fun times in the water.

check out chelseaemeline.blogspot.com I posted again.

Brandon and Kristy said...

Looks like a fun day! I'm glad you get to spend some family time together this summer. We can't see the pictures either.

Misty said...

okay, I was able to fix it on our blog: cmmarsh.blogspot.com, so try that. I can't edit my post on this blog so I can't fix it. But you can't see them even if you click on the "this photo is currently unavailable?"

Granna said...

You CAN see them if you click on the white boxes. It was easier when you first posted it ...I wonder why it changed?

Brandon and Kristy said...

Even when we click on the white boxes we can't see them, but it is a computer filter thing. The site you used to post them doesn't explicitly exclude offensive content, so it is blocked on our computer. We will have to lessen the filter or something.