Friday, May 30, 2008

Long, B Marsh Family Update

Brandon took the girls to work with him today. They were having an ice cream party at the seminary (got to love the last few days of school). So it’s just Spencer and me and the house seems very quiet. I thought I would take this time to write an update about our family. I haven’t done that in a long time, so here we go:

Abby has become very social. She always wants to go to a friend’s house or have a friend over. Two boys live across the street that are 5 and 6 years old and Abby is always on the lookout to see if they are outside, so she can run over and play with them. I caught her knocking on their door at 9:00am Saturday morning! They were just getting out of bed! She knows all of the letters and sounds. It is fun to watch her sound out words. One day I asked her to spell pop (I was just curious). She sounded it out and spelled it! She is excited to start swimming lessons on Monday. Last week she got very sick, high fever and throwing up. She came into our room around 3:00 in the morning and threw up about every 20 minutes. She asked Brandon for a blessing, all by herself. Brandon gave her a blessing, but the throwing up continued. After a while Abby said, “The blessing is not working” long pause “but I believe it will.” By 7:00 she was better and did not throw up again. She has always had great faith.

Megan has seemed to grow up in the last few weeks. She loves to ride her bike and can go fast. She can even stand up while pedaling. She is sensitive and compassionate. In the movie “Prince of Egypt” she cries every time the mom puts Moses in the basket in the water. She is also our little police at home. She makes sure things are done right and if not then she lets you know. Once I got mad at Abby and Megan said to me, “Heavenly Father, Jesus, the Holy Ghost and Santa Claus” do not want us to talk like that.” Another example was when we had just gotten home and all the kids are asleep in the car, Brandon reached to get Spencer out and Megan opens here eyes long enough to say, “brush his teeth, Dad.” And then falls back to sleep. I overheard her and Abby talking about he temple and I heard Megan say, “I want to go inside the temple really bad.” Then that same night in her prayers she prayed that she could go to the temple. I have such sweet wonderful children.

Spencer is really growing up and his personality is coming out. He is so much fun! He has learned to wave good-bye. He loves, loves, loves to be outside. He also loves the phone and the mop. If I need to get something done and he is not letting me, I give him the mop. He will sit there for a long time just pushing it back and forth. He is officially done nursing. Brandon and I went to a movie. We were gone for three hours and he did not cry at all! Major improvement!! He can say: up, uh-oh, mom, dad, boo, ball, bubble, dirt, and a few others I can’t remember now (Note that many of them have the “b” sound and sound much the same when he says them).

I have been so blessed with thee wonderful children. For the most part they all play together and get along well (knock on wood). Quite often I hear these phrases while the girls are playing: “I am ten and you are eight”, “I am seven and I lost these teeth”, “I am the mom”, “It is my wedding today”, “Let’s get ready for the ball”. As you can tell their favorite thing to play is house. They have such great imaginations. I love staying home with them and I think it is going to be an adjustment for me when Abby starts school in the fall.

Brandon is excited for the school year to end. He asked his seminary students to write him an end of year letter. He got a lot of good feedback. As a result of being in seminary several of his students started going to church again, some went and talked to their bishop, and many said their testimonies were strengthened. Brandon is an amazing teacher. It’s a great blessing for our family to be part of a profession that can do so much good. Brandon is adjusting to his new calling. He doesn’t feel that he is doing as much teaching and training as he did on the high council and he misses that. We have been to several FHE’s and BBQ’s. The girls love it!

A few days ago, I was in a small accident. I was stopped at a stop sign when all of a sudden the car in front of me starts backing up! I saw her coming and honked and honked, but she hit me. She was a little 18 year old girl, who thought she was too far into the road and reversed without even looking behind her. It only made a small dent in our front bumper, but it was a good reminder to be aware and drive safe! We refinanced our house. We’re in a 30 year fixed with a great interest rate. Our house appraised for 203,000! So we are set to be here a while.

We enjoyed all of our visits this month from; Lori, Cory, Misty, Jack, Kit, and Tobey and Melyssa (even though that one was very short). We look forward to seeing you all in June. We are planning on coming June 23- June 30 (give or take a few days). The first half in San Diego and the last half in TO. Last week each of the kids took their turn being sick, but today we are all happy and healthy. Tonight the girls are going to Chelsea’s to sleep over, so there’ll be more to post soon.

4 comments:

Granna said...

Yes it will be an adjustment for you when Abby goes to school. I cried and Kelly was "Bye Mom!!!!!" and off she trotted into the class. Chelsea was a different story.
Thanks for the nice update.

Misty said...

Wow...what an update! You HAVE been blessed with wonderful children...maybe that has more to do with you than you admit though! I love all the funny things they say. Thanks for sharing. And Brandon, i'm sure you will do just as much good in this calling as you have done in others (and in your job...)

Tobus said...

I love reading your updates and hearing about your girls. I wish we lived closer so our kids could play together. (Maybe someday) I agree with Misty, your children are so obedient & faithful because you are both faithful, amazing people & parents! :) Melyssa

Granster said...

Thank you so much for the update on the family. It is so great to hear what everyone is up to. Keep up the good work!