Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here's To Alaska and Me


I'd have to say this was the trip of a lifetime. I am such a prosey person, I wish I were a poetry person so I could describe the magnificence of my experience. Physically, spiritually, emotionally overwhelming. I am a true Aquarian I guess...I have an affinity for water (and its creatures) in all of its forms. I especially enjoyed the wildlife (not on the ship-ha ha); I saw whales, dolphins, starfish, seals, a plethora of bald eagles, mountain goats, deer. I did go line dancing at the disco one night. The 4 shows were fantastic;such great choreography, costumes and talent. The food was good, not great, but it WAS wonderful to just go get whatever you wanted whenever you wanted and then eat on the decks with incredible views. (I only ate in the fancy restaurant the first night and I was fidgeting the whole time; itching to be where I could SEE the scenery. The sun rose at 4a.m. and set at 10:20p.m. so there was always something exciting to look at during meals. The few people I met were like true and trusted friends,very encouraging and positive.
Thank you, Cory for suggesting I "take the money and cruise"!
Thank you,Kelly, for all your love, encouragement and logistical support.
Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me....

12 comments:

Heidi Mae said...

What beautiful pictures!!
Glad you had such a wonderful time.

gramps & grams said...

what a great slide show. shows off alaska and your trip beautifully. music is awesome too. glad you had such a nice time.

Misty said...

Seeing it the 2nd time was even better...maybe it was the music! Absolutely beautiful!

Kathi said...

Those are INCREDIBLE pictures Lori! The reflections in the water, the orange skies, everything really- just amazing- nice video! Glad it was such a nice trip. Can't wait until we go!!

Brandon and Kristy said...

I'm glad you had a nice time. The pictures are beautiful.

Tobus said...

Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures with us! I am always awestruck when I see what a magnificent, beautiful place our Heavenly Father gave us to live in. The music was perfect. I am so glad you were able to go on such an amazing trip. I love Alaska! (We hope to move there some day - in the summers anyway) :) Melyssa

Tobus said...

Thanks for the beautiful reminder of how much, and how beautiful of a world, our Heavenly Father has given us. I absolutely love Alaska too! You can see why we want to keep going back there.;o) Just an amazing place!
Tobus

catheryne yvonne said...

For some reason Alaska has never been a place that I've wanted to go to but, after seeing the pictures, now I want to go. It seems so peaceful, and for some reason, so close to God. Glad you had such a great trip.

Kelly said...

Great pictures Mom! You matched the pictures and music beautifully! I'm glad you had such a great time-you deserve it!

Nana said...

Wow Lori what incredible pictures and the music was so perfect! thank you for sharing.I'm so glad you had a great time. Love Claudia

Misty said...

Nice pictures. That water looks cold. -Cory

Katie Fish said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are GORGEOUS!! Thanks Lori for sharing them with us. I'm so glad you had such a great time!