Today was Ginger Z's funeral and I've been thinking about the situation a lot this week.Granster gave me a Hallmark book for my birthday which is really good. I'm going to post a page from it every day-starting with the introduction today:
First I was dying to finish high school and start college.
And then I was dying to finish college and start working.
And then I was dying to marry and have children.
And then I was dying for my children
to grow old enough so I could get back to my career.
And then I was dying to retire.
And now I am dying...
and suddenly realize that I forgot to live.
Dance While You Can is meant to help you slow down and consider your life's dance. It is a collection of gentle reminders to help you live life to the fullest. You may discover you need to redirect your focus.
It is said that Socrates learned to dance when he was seventy because he felt that an essential part of himself had been neglected. No matter what stage you are at in life, it's never too late to examine your inner life and make certain that, as Socrates said, it's worth dancing in the future.
Nobody cares if you can't dance well, just get up and dance. Dave Barry
3 comments:
Yo! Did I do something right?
Yes! You are the dancin' KING!
I guess the word...."was"
Post a Comment