Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dance While You Can

I will take time for God,
to read His word,
to seek His direction for my life.

He is the Lord of the Dance.

This is the last Dance While You Can Post.
I'm sorry if anyone was offended by these simple thoughts. As I said in the first post, they were motivated (by Ginger's funeral) to help each of us "slow down and consider your life's dance". As I said on the first post (from the book)"you may discover you need to redirect your focus". It was a book Steve gave me in January; I didn't take offense when he gave it to me and I never imagined anyone would think I was posting the thoughts to imply I had achieved perfection in them.
"None of us want to look back on our lives and wonder where the years have gone, especially with regrets that we never discovered what it means to live. But if we never stop and question where we are in our lives, this might be our experience."
Lance Wubbels, author of Dance While You Can

1 comment:

Heidi Mae said...

Thanks for the quotes Lori. I've enjoyed having something more thought provoking than 'Good Night Sun, Hello Moon' to think about each day.
Ginger's passing has made me think a lot about life too. How I am living it, how I could live it differently, what kind of legacy I'd leave behind. It was a lot to think about just after hearing about her death, and your quotes helped me narrow my thoughts into daily quantities that weren't so overwhelming. I think it's a sad to think about, but one we should all take more seriously since we never do know when our time may be, and no one wants to leave this life with 'I wish' or 'I should have'.
I used to keep a quote book where I'd write down quotes that spoke to me and then I'd look through it every once in awhile for inspiration. I'll have to dig it out and add a few of these.
Thanks again.