Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving

(Sorry for the onslaught of posts today) I am finally getting around to posting things.

We had a great Thanksgiving. It was fun to have Lori here with us. We especially appreciated her watching the kids, so Brandon and I could go shopping on Black Friday. We left our house at 3:30am, hit seven stores, got our Christmas shopping done and had a great time (well I did)!


My sister and her family were able to come visit a few days before Thanksgiving and it is always fun to spend time with them. The kids enjoy being together. This is Gavin and Spencer enjoying bananas with whip cream and a few Cheerios.

We have a fun tradition of decorating gingerbread houses. This is something I have been doing since I was my kids ages. We always decorated gingerbread houses around thanksgiving. My grandma made them and the frosting and then she always had lots of candy decorations and some little plastic things we usually could just pick one of. Well, now my mom makes the gingerbread houses, and it is fun to watch a second generation keep up the tradition.


4 comments:

C-Dawg said...

Props to you for heading out on black friday! I wouldn't dare! And the houses look fun. That was always one of my favorite traditions too...

Granna said...

I was just going to say I wish I had been there for the Gingerbread houses because I didn't think I had ever done that, then Cory said that?? It must have been Misty.

Misty said...

Yes it was me....I can finally log in now...

Chelsea Emeline said...

That looks like so much fun! I love making gingerbread houses! On my first Christmas on my mission, Jonelle sent me a gingerbread house making kit. Too bad that it was in about 1000 pieces by the time it got through the mail to me in NY. Oh well, gingerbread is yummy to eat too! :)