Tuesday, March 13, 2007

B Marsh Family Update

We are enjoying our new van. Each day Brandon comes home and wants to go for a drive. I hope we sill love it next month when we have to make our first car payment. Brandon finished one of his classes. He has one more class this semester and a class and final project next semester and then he is done! Very Exciting!! Brandon started his third trimester of seminary. It seems to be going fine so far.

I have been slowly spring cleaning the house. I have only done a room a week because that is all the time and energy I have. I have the bedrooms left to do. So Megan will soon be moved into Abby’s room which should be interesting. The baby moves all the time. He is much more active than either of the girls were. I hope it’s not an indication of what he is going to be like when he is born. We do not have a name yet, but we have at least discussed it.

Megan and Abby are as cute and funny as ever. The weather has warmed up, so they spend a lot of time playing in the back yard. Megan has her cast for two more weeks. Her skin is starting to dry out and bleed under the cast. Megan likes to say the prayers. Each prayer she says “bless mama’s baby and Misty’s two babies.” She loves her music class. She comes home and teaches Abby what she learned. Her speech lessons are going well. We have to practice everyday and I can see a little improvement. Abby likes gymnastics and we are working on doing cartwheels. Each night we practice cartwheels with Abby and words with Megan. Abby is also getting good at recognizing letters and the sounds they make. When Megan goes down for a nap Abby and I have “reading time”. We go over a letter a day and then we do something together. It’s fun and lets me spend some one-on-one time with Abby.

A few funny things the girls have said/done lately:

The girls were playing and started fighting about who gets to be the mom. Megan got upset and squeezed Abby’s arm. This is the conversation that followed: (Abby is red and Megan is blue)

“Megan, let me tell you something. Did Mom break your arm?”
“No”
“Who broke your arm?”
“Dada”
“So you are the dad because you squeezed my arm. Mom’s don’t hurt you.”

Last Monday Abby gave the lesson for Family Home Evening. I thought she could teach us what she learned in primary. I called her upstairs to help her get ready. She came into the room with the scriptures and said, “Mom will you find me a scripture on showing your body? I am going to teach on modesty.” She came up with the topic all on her own and taught us a lesson on modesty all by herself. It was very funny, but it also made us proud that she already knows the importance of modesty.

The other day Abby prayed that the baby could come soon so Mom wouldn’t walk so slow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come over tonight and see Kristi practicing cartwheels with Abby.

Melyssa said...

I just wanted to tell you the stories about the girls cracked us up!!! They have such cute personalities. We love hearing your updates. :) Melyssa & Tobey

Tobus said...

Abby and Megan,
I want to teach you something called "Black Mail". If you EVER want ANYTHING from your daddy, you tell him to get it for you or you will turn him into child services and he will most likely never see you again. Keep this in mind and call me if you have any questions.
Tobey