Sunday, May 27, 2007

Kitchen update






It's coming along. The undercabinet lights aren't in yet and the cabinets on the broom closet haven't arrived yet, plus a few other things but it is almost there. They killed the kitchen floor with ALOT of scratches and dents moving the fridge around. We loved the backsplash before they spread the dark grout over the entire thing which (even though they sealed it before grouting) left a dark film over the bricks...changed the color. I wish I had taken a picture of how beautiful it was before, but it's just as well since I would be longing for it the original way. The pool bath is painted and ready for the vanity to be delivered. We bought the beadboard wanescoating and the baseboards which I will get started on tomorrow maybe. The new toilet, sink and faucet are in the garage ready to get installed too. The vanity is being made by Oasis (the place on PCH/Topanga) that made our dining room table and some of the chairs.

5 comments:

jonelle said...

wow.
this looks so good!
the bricks are just the best.

gramps & grams said...

Kathi here at mom & dads.
That looks AMAZING guys. So rich but homey, very country. I love it!!!!! The bricks were brilliant Steve!!

gramps & grams said...

when they did the grout in
our hall tile the same thing
happened but they washed it
off..we had to do it more after...but it helped a lot.
no chance of washing it???
no matter it is gorgeous &
makes a house & garden picture perfect kitchen...without the nose
of course...love it mom

jonelle said...

what was wrong with the nose? i thought it added a nice touch...
i think he was just inhaling real hard all along the countertops to help mom clean up after the family dinner monday. very thoughtful.

Granna said...

kind of like Captain Jack's intro in part 3.