Last Sunday Abby was begging me for a tub of baby wipes. (For some reason she wants her own wipes) I kept telling her no. Then I finally said, “If you really want some you will have to buy some with your own money.” That got her very excited and she and Megan went out to the van to get her wallet. They were taking a long time, so I went out to check on them. I was in the garage getting Megan out of the van and Abby went inside and back outside. Somehow in the process of going in and out she locked the door. We keep all of our doors locked, so we were totally locked out of our house. Brandon was not home. I knew that Brandon hid a key in the back yard, but he had never shown me where. I looked around for it, but soon gave up. We decided we would just stay in the back yard until Brandon got home (about 2 hours). Luckily it was a nice evening. By the way, Megan and I were in pajamas and Abby was wearing Megan’s clothes but that’s another story. After I got out a blanket for us to sit on Abby said, “I know! We can pray. Heavenly Father always answers prayers” and she proceeded to say a prayer. I decided to try again to find the key. I was looking around the yard when all of a sudden the key came into focus. I got it and opened the door and told Abby her prayer had been answered. She rushed inside, knelt down and said a prayer of thanks. It was so sweet to see her turn to Heavenly Father all on her own for help. She was an example to me.
Yesterday we celebrated our 6th anniversary! Brandon took the day off. We went to lunch at P.F. Chang’s and the girls loved it. After lunch we went to the Malt Shoppe (that’s where Brandon took me on our first date) Then we walked around BYU campus. Later that night Chelsea watched the kids, so Brandon and I could go out. It was nice to have a little time together. It was Spencer’s first time with a babysitter and he did fine. Thanks Chelsea!
Spencer is over 10 pounds and doing really well. Abby gave a talk in primary and did a fantastic job. She was really excited about it. Megan is doing great with potty training. She can now go through the night. Brandon is moved out of Brighton and will start his first day at the new school on Monday.
3 comments:
What a sweet story about Abby - it made me tear up. Isn't it amazing how strong their faith is and how close they are to Heavenly Father? I find my girls being examples to me all the time in small ways like that. :)
I have to give a talk tomorrow on Agency..what a
great example of right choices it is in Abby's faith in prayer.I wish I could use it.Bless the little children..we could all learn daily from them.
give her a hug for me for being such a special girl & Megan too for doing so good
on going potty like a big
girl..well done Kristy.
love to all, grams
Abby, I'm so proud of you -- What a wonderful lesson to have learned already! That kind of faith will bless you all your life.
I love you!
Jonelle
Post a Comment