Wednesday, August 15, 2007

LASIK

I arrived home at about 7:30 last night with my plastic goggles and sunglasses covering my eyes. It went very well. It was amazingly painless; the most discomfort was when he put in the ring-thing that goes around your eyeball to keep the eye open. I just kept looking at the blinking red light and he did his thing. Steve watched the whole thing on a monitor in the waiting room (pretty gross/interesting, depending on your squeamish--level). I have to sleep with the plastic goggles for 1 week, do 2 prescriptions of eyedrops, 5 times a day for two weeks, no eye makeup, swimming, bathing etc for 1 week. I'm off to an office visit and the temple right now; I have follow-up appts at 1 day, 2 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.
It's too soon to tel how clear the vision will be, but already for far away it is a big success. I never worried about that though, just the reading/make-up and up close stuff. I can see the computer screen fine right now, so that's good. (better with the left eye than the right. The right was perfectly corrected for distance, the left was under-corrected for up close and the astigmatism)
So far so good. I was always fast on getting dressed and out of the house, but now without any makeup I'm lightning-fast. :o)
I'm going go and buy a really cool pair of sunglasses!

6 comments:

gramps & grams said...

so glad all went well. we're off to pismo to see claudia and family.

Brandon and Kristy said...

I'm glad there was no earthquake during the procedure. Hope all goes well from here on out.

Heidi Mae said...

cute sunglasses!!! how fun!

Kathi said...

can you paint? (see my answer to question on our blog)

C-Dawg said...

Nice.

Misty said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! Glad it all went well.