Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pregnancy update




We went to the doctor on Thursday and he said that my cervix has shortened, so I can't be on my feet for more than 10-15 min at a time in order to avoid it starting to dilate. I'm still having a significant # of contractions, but overall, I am still feeling pretty good. I've also been having a bit more pelvic pain which the doctor said is b/c "BabyA's" head is so low in my pelvis. His exact words were, "I'm surprised you can walk!" Both babies are over 4lbs (the average singleton at 31 weeks is between 2 1/2-3 1/2 lbs), so they are still pretty big. If they were to go the full 38 weeks and continue to grow at this rate, they would be between 8-9 lbs. The doctor said as long as I spend some more time on bed rest, we will probably make it to 34 weeks (last week of Aug), but not much longer. He also said though that 34 weeks is "gold" b/c their lungs will be fully developed. However, we are praying for at least 35 weeks b/c 34 weeks would be Cory's very first week of school. So, that is the latest. A big thanks to everyone for all your love/support/help last week (at the reunion). I know I wasn't much help, but I really appreciated everyone being so kind/understanding/helpful. The pictures are from the end of May, June, and July. I keep thinking I just can't get any bigger, but....

6 comments:

Brandon and Kristy said...

Wow! It could be really soon! Keep off your feet and good luck with everything!

Melyssa said...

I still have to say, you are looking SOOO good for being this far along with twins. :) We are excited for the arrival of the little guys. Good luck with everything! :)melyssa

Kathi said...

Those pictures are awesome!!! When I saw the first one I thought 'she doesn't look as big in pictures' then saw the last one & realized what the others were. You don't look like you could stretch anymore!!! But you do look good Misty. You are ALLLLLLLL babies.

Chelsea Emeline said...

SOOOOO CUTE! I can't get over it! WOW! I'm so sad that I won't be able to see the babies so soon. I love you guys! Good luck with the move this weekend!

Heidi Mae said...

You look great Misty! I can't even imagine two...my one is enough for me!!! Take it easy with the move, easier said than done...I know. Good luck!

Katie Fish said...

Oh my gosh you are so cute!! I love it!