I had a doctor's appt on Friday and they measured my uterus for the 1st time. (I guess they don't do that a lot with twins b/c it always shows you are further along than you are, but he said he just thought it would be interesting to find out) I measured 46 weeks! No wonder I feel so huge! The doctor just laughed and said "I guess your body thinks you are 46 weeks pregnant, but the babies don't agree." (the hormone that triggers labor starts with the babies). So, yes, I'm pretty uncomfortable, but I have decided that I just need to be patient and focus on how grateful I am that everything has gone SO well with this pregnancy. As far as twin pregnancies go, it couldn't be better.
We also had an ultrasound last week and the nurse just started freaking out b/c the babies were lying chest to chest and you could see both their heartbeats at the same time in the screen. (I guess it is pretty rare, she says she has never seen that in 30 years) It was pretty sweet. They also told us that we should pretty much expect a C-Section. Unless Baby B flips vertex again (which they say is possible) or their weight difference goes down (which they say is pretty unlikely), we will have to have a C-Section. So when/if I go into labor they would do another ultrasound to see positions/weight and we would decide then. If I haven't gone into labor by next Monday (17th), they will do a similar ultrasound that day and schedule either a C-Section or induction for sometime in the following 5-7 days.
4 comments:
WAy to go Misty! YUou are wonderful. I'm so thankful for the way you have been so disciplined in caring for these boys. Keep it up, you're almost there. A c-section is fine as long as it is expected and without a long labor and then the trauma of a c-section. You will have to recover from either type of delivery anyway so....
Thanks for the update. We are all excited to hear the news. Hang in there. Even though you are anxious and uncomfortable try to enjoy your last few days of freedom. Go shopping, take a long hot bath/shower, take a nap, go to the temple, go on a date, all of which will be hard to do after the babies are born. Good Luck!!
That's all already been hard to do.
love the updates & Misty you have
been amazing handling this miracle
so beautifully.won't be long now.we all are anxious right along
with you...I was going to say on
pins & needles but I know Cory
would make something out of that...right C Dawg???? love to all 4 of you grams
Post a Comment